Friday, January 8, 2010

The Weather and Other things

Hope has given me inspration for the New Year to write something in the Blog. My writing skills are deplorable, and hers are very good.

Anyway, everyone has a little something to say about their weather, so here goes. It has been about 10 years or more since Dallas has had temps as they were last night. Our wind chills were about 10 degrees last night, and tonight will go down to about zero. The furnace kicked on for good about 10 pm last night when UT was headed for defeat! With McCoy injured early, Bama came in for the kill. You would have to see our house as it is not isulated for that kind of weather! We have single paine windows and air leaks all over the place. Maybe twenty years ago, I should have invested some money to plug the gaps. We always choose to say 'the hell with it' and packup the bags and head off on another road trip to see another part of the world. I guess that's been part of my life since Mike and I were young. Dee joined me 47 years ago and we are still travelling. I have had so many friends and classmates who have died in the last few years we might not even be arround for a 'payout' ha ha

Anyway thaks Hope for the inspiration. I don't know how long it will last.

No comments: